Maxwell RC8-6 Vertical Windlass w/Capstan 12V for 1/4" chain & 1/2" Rope RC86CAP12V
**MAP Price Shown, Click to see Wolf's discounted price**
The stainless steel RC8 fully automatic rope/chain windlass is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 6mm/7mm (1/4”) chain spliced to 12mm (1/2”) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope. The ingeniously designed rope/chain chainwheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters.
Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass. Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance. In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure.
- The RC8 features Maxwell’s revolutionary, and patented, new Wave Design™ chainwheel.
- The RC8 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes.
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key.
- Manual override and Free Fall, using the emergency crank/clutch handle provided.
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel.
- Maximum Pull/Lift: 770 lbs
- Static Hold: 2640 lbs
- Chain Short Link: ¼”
- Rope Size (Nylon-3strand or 8 plait recommended): ½”
- Chain Speed (Anchor retrieval): 92 ft/min
- Rope Speed (Anchor retrieval): 79 ft/min
- Power Supply (DC): 12 or 24V
- Motor Power: 600W
Customers Also Viewed