Davis Shockles™ LineSnubber™ Black 20″
Davis Shockles™ LineSnubber™ Black 20″ 2410
Shockles are most commonly found around boats. They are often used as shock absorbers on dock lines and anchor lines to reduce loads, minimize chafe and increase safety. Shockles generally make life at the dock or at a mooring safer and more comfortable.
Tensions and loads on a dock or mooring change as tidal surges, wakes, winds and currents change. Shockles absorb shock loads on mooring lines, making the lines last longer. Putting an end to jarring and snapping at the end of the line makes time aboard more comfortable, too. Shockles also safely absorb sudden shock loads, such as those at the end of a tow line or created by a dinghy tied on deck or suspended by davits at the stern.
- Shockles™ LineSnubbers™ are the first, best, and only way to reduce dangerous shock loads on your boat
- Patented design is a multi-purpose shock absorber, that reduces shock to your lines, cleats, ground tackle and rigging; thereby preserving the life of your boats components in demanding situations
- Keeps a strong, constant pressure on whatever you attach them to, reducing sudden impacts to your tackle and rigging. The result is smooth action and moderated stress
- Two (2) Line Snubbers can be used side-by-side on heavier boats
- The (2) 316 stainless steel clips on each Shockle offer simple, captive attachment
- They can be used to secure loads, keep a dingy on deck from jumping around, ease “snapping" on a tow line, or secure a boom on a trawler or sailboat
- Webbing length is 20" (51 cm) when relaxed (overall relaxed length is approx. 24")
- The patented Line Stretch Limiter is made from 2500 pound test nylon webbing
- LineSnubber's outer sheath is 3500 pound test tubular nylon webbing that is UV resistant to protect the internal parts
- Progressive Tension Design and Patented Line Stretch Limiter
- Progressive Tension Design: Return force is increased the more it stretches
- One size fits all braided or twisted ropes from 3/8" to 3/4" using a simple clove hitch
- Attach to line up to 3/4" using a simple clove hitch in the line or increase line size range from 3/8" to 1" by using a Davis LineGrabber™ (#2460)
- Easy to install, adjust or remove
- Slack can be quickly and easily increased or reduced as conditions change
- Four to eight inches is the recommended line slack
- Made of marine-grade elastomer covered by UV resistant nylon webbing
- 316 Stainless Steel Carabiners for quick and secure attachment
- One year warranty
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!